Friday, November 5, 2010

the story of myfriendroze

A lot of people ask how I named my company, I guess because it sounds like I really didn't actually name it... But I did, and here is the story.  
Once upon a time, in another life, the life of Rose Braunstein the promotion person who worked at Jive Records-, I (Roze) was feeling frustrated and not creative.   So I decided to start making jewelry again, on the side in all my spare time (ha).   I spent a lot of time (sadly) with the Backstreet Boys.  Taking them to radio for interviews, and making sure they did their meet and greets and silly things like that.   One of them, asked me about my sterling silver vine rings.   He said he really liked them and could he have one.   I said SURE- that was exciting for me.  Soon thereafter, he lost it, and was sad about it and asked for another one, which I gave him happily.  However, a week or so later he lost that one too... He asked me for another one to which I said "dude, you're going to have to buy them like everybody else" (I mean he does have a lot of money- right?) he looked me straight in the eye and said "don't you want my publicity for free?"  I looked right back at him and said "You're right!  I absolutely want your publicity for free!!! What is my last name????"  He stared at me blankly for quite a bit until I said "great- so what kind of publicity am I getting?   "my friend roze made it?"  The more I thought about it the more I realized, all my friends who bought or had gotten my jewelry for gifts were saying "myfriendroze made it"   I thought it was perfect, because now ANYONE who has my handmade jewelry can say "myfriendroze made it".  


handmade sterling silver and 14k gold vine ring with garnet

handmade sterling and 14k gold vine ring 

No comments:

Post a Comment