Monday, November 22, 2010

handmade spirit

I've got spirit yes I do- I've got spirit how 'bout you?   I'm not really a cheerleader, but I need one, and I think a lot of handmade artisans need one too.   I hear tell of the economy getting better- but I personally am not seeing this, in my line of work.   Is handmade the last to feel the boom- or is it just me?  I have had a series of disappointing shows and it's holiday season, so it's worrisome.  I worry that people are not buying handmade, or that handmade artisans are undercutting themselves in order to sell anything at all- which in turn does not help us stay in business.

This past weekend a bunch of great artisans stood outside in the cold with impending rain, and tried to sell their handmade goods.  Handmade artisans bonding together to try to boost each other up.  Much needed cheerleaders! Several I met through Etsy, and an Etsy team called CCCOE.  (I think that is etsy's version of cheerleaders, and honestly it does help make you feel better when you can see that things are happening to everyone, not just you alone)

 A few of my favorites from the show:

eri sugimoto

pinkcandy studio



CIMG6337
luna + reese


Well- as my friend said, I made it through the day and I'm here to see another one, and make more jewelry.    This week is thanksgiving and believe it or not there is another show next sunday,  www.patchworkshow.com in santa ana.   I look forward to this being a better show personally so that I can purchase some handmade items myself!

handmade jewelry every day-  myfriendroze

1 comment:

  1. Glad I got to help just a little by purchasing one of your beautiful handmade topaz mosaic rings for my friend Susan's birthday at patchwork! I can't wait to see her face when she opens it this week! Thanks and wishing you a great holiday season!
    -Mariam

    ReplyDelete