Wednesday, December 22, 2010

rainy weather

I for one, hate the rain.   I don't like being out in the wet, and driving in LA in such things is totally treacherous.  Not to mention what it does to my hair, even when I'm not out in it.   Ok I know it's beneficial for the foliage- but still, this is a bit much, right LA?   It is kind of poorly timed for many brick and mortar retailers- it's the holiday season and people are sitting at home not wanting to go out in the rain.  I wonder if online sales have increased in southern california.

Maybe the rain will encourage people to make handmade gifts.   I have lots of things sitting around my house that I can make into interesting gifts for people and I don't have to leave the house.   I know everyone doesn't have a jewelry studio in their house but I bet everyone has SOMETHING they can turn into a great gift.  Perhaps you have a sewing machine and some old clothes- you can cut them up and make an interesting pillow, quilt, stuffed animal or new item of clothing.   Maybe you put away those knitting needles years ago- pull them out!  You could print out a particularly good photo from your camera and frame it... Do you like to cook?  Don't forget cookies/cakes/ food in general!  This site has a bunch of ideas.. http://www.pioneerthinking.com/crafts-general.html

For me I think it's a good time to make some new items for next season.  I'm planning on acting as though I actually can't leave the house, and am sketching and designing new things.

look at these cool things made from household items that I found on the web:


check out this blog for more diy ideas
repurposed blanket

ok the rain stopped for a minute, I'm running out for supplies and then I'm going to start creating.  

- myfriendroze  handmade jewelry every day

No comments:

Post a Comment